Assembly Instructions. CAUTION: Keep the unit pointed away from you and others during assembly. It automatically sprays a burst of fragrance 5 seconds after assembly to show it is working properly. The unit will then begin sensing motion.
1. Lift front cover.
2. Pull and discard red tab to activate batteries.
3. Push down front cover to close unit.
- The unit automatically sprays fragrance when a shadow has been cast upon the sensor. The light will blink rapidly for 3 seconds to warn when it is about to spray.
- After the unit has sprayed, in order to conserve the refill, the sensor will turn off automatically, indicated by the light flashing once every 3 seconds, and will not spray for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minute lockout, the unit is in active mode and ready to detect motion.
- For an instant burst of fragrance anytime, press the boost button on the front of the unit.
- Use only Glade® Sense & Spray® refills in Glade® Sense & Spray® starter units.
Place assembled unit on a flat surface where upward spray will not be obstructed. Place unit within 1.5 meters (5 feet) of traffic flow.
The sensor may not respond if:
- The room is too dark: ensure sufficient lighting to allow a shadow to be cast upon the sensor.
- The unit is placed directly under a light, especially sunlight: move the unit out of the bright light.
- Sensor on the front of the device is blocked by objects: position the unit so that the sensor is unobstructed.
1. Open unit to access refill.
2. Pull tan refill tab to remove refill canister.
3. Make sure lever is pushed fully up before inserting new refill.
4. Lay refill canister into position over than refill tab and snap into place.
Open the front cover and insert 2 new AA batteries by matching positive and negative signs.