Glade® Aromatherapy PlugIns® Scented Oil
Engage your emotions with air. Crafted fragrances infused with essential oils. Glade® Aromatherapy PlugIns® Scented Oil infuses your home with Long Lasting Authentic Fragrance. Simply set the Advanced Ceramic Heating Technology on a low setting to enjoy up to 100 days of mood-inspiring scent when used for 12 hours a day.
Our plastic outer packaging contains at least 50% post-consumer recycled materials, and our paperboard packaging is recyclable.
- Create an always-welcoming space with Glade PlugIns Scented Oil diffuser air freshener with MaxControl technology
- Adjust the fragrance oils scent to fit any room* or mood using MaxControl technology
- Glade PlugIns MaxControl air freshener disperses just the right amount of fragrance so it’s always noticeable
- Perfect for use with any Glade PlugIns scents
- Make any room more welcoming with this personalized air freshener that diffuses your favorite Glade PlugIns
*Up to 550 sq. ft.
- Use only Glade PlugIns Scented Oil brand refills in PlugIns Scented Oil warmer units.
- Unit will not operate properly if positioned sideways or upside down.
- Use only properly functioning 120-volt electrical outlet.
- Do not place fragrance oil bottle or cap on painted, finished or plastic surfaces. Intended for adult use only.
- Do not insert extension cords, multi-plug or three-prong adapters into extra outlet warmers.
- Do not use with extension cords.
- Do not obstruct airflow.
- Keep away from furniture, fabrics, bedding and other materials that might present a fire hazard.
- Glade PlugIns Scented Oil warmer should always be inserted fully and properly into outlet.
- Do not use in small, confined pet areas without adequate ventilation.
- If warmer is removed from outlet, separate bottles from unit and store in an UPRIGHT position.
To use, rotate warmer's electrical plug, if needed. Unscrew cap from fragrance bottle and insert into warmer. Insert warmer UPRIGHT into outlet. Adjust warmer intensity to desired setting.
When empty, replace fragrance oil bottle with Glade PlugIns Scented Oil refills only. Do not use any other refills in Glade PlugIns Scented Oil Warmers.
Fragrance oils may collect on warmer unit over time. To clean, remove warmer unit from electrical outlet and wipe with dry cloth. Wash hands after handling.
How do I know when to replace the fragrance oil bottle?
Each see-through oil bottle provides long-lasting fragrancing. When empty replace the fragrance oil bottle with Glade PlugIns refills only. All Glade PlugIns refills work in all Glade PlugIns warmer units.
I have read postings on the Internet alleging that Glade PlugIns products have been involved in fires. Is this true?
SC Johnson is aware that there have been postings on the Internet that have claimed that our products were involved in fires. It is important that you know that all of our PlugIns products are safe and will not cause fires. We know this because PlugIns products have been sold for more than 15 years and hundreds of millions of the products are being used safely.
Because we are committed to selling safe products, SC Johnson thoroughly investigated these rumors. First, we confirmed that no one had contacted SC Johnson to tell us about these fires or to ask us to investigate them. Additionally, we had a leading fire investigation expert call the fire department representative who is identified in one of the Internet postings. That fireman indicated that he has no evidence that our products had caused any fire.
We suspect this rumor may be associated with a past SC Johnson voluntary recall of one of its air products, a Glade Extra Outlet Scented Oil product that was sold for a short period before June 1, 2002. After discovering an assembly error in a small number of that product, SC Johnson implemented a voluntary recall and provided extensive information about the product to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). After revising the manufacturing process and thorough testing for proper assembly, the Glade PlugIns Scented Oil Extra Outlet product returned to store shelves on June 3, 2002. SC Johnson has no knowledge of any credible reports of fire related to this product.
We also know that our products do not cause fires because all of our PlugIns products have been thoroughly tested by Underwriters Laboratories and other independent laboratories and our products meet or exceed safety requirements. SC Johnson continues to work closely with the Consumer Product Safety Commission to investigate allegations involving PlugIns products.
As a more-than-100-year-old family-owned company, SC Johnson is committed to providing top-quality products that can be used safely in homes, and we want to reassure you that PlugIns products can be used with complete confidence.
Can I clean the warmer?
Fragrance oils may collect on the warmer unit over time. To clean, remove warmer from electrical outlet and wipe the warmer with a dry cloth. Wash hands after handling. These instructions are also included on the back of the warmer package.
What if the fragrance is too strong?
The fragrance will be stronger the first 3 days and then will level off. You can control fragrance intensity by adjusting the control on the front of the unit. A lower setting provides less fragrance, while a higher setting provides the most fragrance.
What if the fragrance is too light?
First, check to make sure the outlet is operating properly. This can be done by simply plugging in an appliance such as a lamp or radio to make sure it is operating. If using the fan unit, make sure the warmer unit's electrical plug is in the locked position with the arrows on the back of the unit aligned. The warmer unit should be plugged into the outlet in a vertical or upright position.
Which Glade PlugIns refills will work with which warmer unit?
All Glade PlugIns refills work with any Glade PlugIns Scented Oil Warmers.
What’s the refill made of?
The bottle is plastic and is filled with fragrance oil.
Can I use this refill and the old refill at the same time in a dual warmer?
Can I refill my bottle?
No, the refill bottles are not intended to be refilled. The Glade PlugIns Scented Oil fragrance is specially formulated to be safely used with the Glade warmers.