GLADE “LIVE IT UP” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: THE GLADE “LIVE IT UP” SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers (and their IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on March 6, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on April 30, 2014. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.glade.com/LiveItUp (the “Website”) and follow the online instructions to register and submit all required information to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. Entries must be received and recorded by the Sponsor’s computer during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for the random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day. A “day” is defined as the 24 hours between 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) and 11:59:59 p.m. (CST or CDT, as the case may be); with the exception of the first day which will begin at 8:00:00 a.m. CST and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CST. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Entrants must have a valid email address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
4. DRAWING: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about May 1, 2014 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Prize (1): A trip for winner and three (3) of winner's guests to Las Vegas, Nevada. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from major airport near winner’s home within the U.S.) for winner and three (3) guests; double-occupancy standard hotel accommodations for winner and three (3) guests for two (2) nights (two  rooms); ground transportation to/from airport and hotel; four (4) tickets to one (1) concert at the House of Blues® Las Vegas during stay; four (4) VIP Foundation Room® passes the night of the concert; and a $500 pre-paid gift card. Concert must be selected at least thirty (30) days in advance of travel date and is subject to availability and age restrictions. Travel must take place on the day prior to the confirmed concert and return the day following the concert. All travel must be completed no later than 12/15/14; no alternative travel dates will be available. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and change. Selection of airline and hotel are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Ground transportation (other than as stated above), meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges, and all other expenses not specified herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner’s guests must all be 21 years of age or older at the time prize is awarded, and will be required to sign and return a travel release before any ticketing or travel occurs. Winner and guests must travel on same itinerary. Once the travel guests are selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including the concert and/or airline flights) beyond its control. Winner and guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel within the United States. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If winner resides within 120 miles of Las Vegas, air transportation may be substituted with ground transportation by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Additional prize award details and travel information may be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, tickets or passes will not be replaced or exchanged. Actual retail value depends on city/day/time of departure. Approximate Retail Value: $5,000.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize permitted. However, Sponsor reserves right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered entries or e-mail; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this Website. In case of dispute, the authorized account subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTED MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Wisconsin law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT OR PRIZE WINNER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. By participating, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Glade “Live It Up” Sweepstakes Winner’s List Request, P.O. Box 3000, Dept. 915-725 Young America, MN 55558-3000, for receipt by May 30, 2014.
11. SPONSOR: S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., 1525 Howe St., Racine, WI 53403; Administrator: Young America LLC, 717 Faxon Road, Norwood Young America, MN 55397.
Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the verification of winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor not to Live Nation.